PhpTrackIT saves the tracks of all visits at your website for an overview and statistics of its use, as a real time web analytics.
PhpTrackIT focus on visualising trends of numerous visits rather than the
individual visit! All in clear easy to get analyzed data!
Track data and actions individually for each webpage you want on your website with one
common Php script.
Also for dynamic webpages (based on GET).
Instant real time access to statistic data and analysis, without any time delay - only the load time of the webpage! No need of daily or frequent compilations of saved data!
PhpTrackIT is a real time website tracking analytics software!
Smart on-the-fly asynchronous precompiled analyses gives you fact and figures of the
visits very fast. The lean double buffer data logging gives a low server load of your website.
Get the Web Browser, Operating System, Screen and GeoIP data of your visitors.
Distinguish in analyse and presentation between human visitors and robots for valuable statistics.
PhpTrackIT includes referrer spam detection.
PhpTrackIT uses an anonymous unique virtual visitor (UVV) fingerprint algorithm to sort data.
The UVV distinguish real visitors over time.
Get visit trends, statistics per hour and day, webpage
popularity ranking, search keywords from which search engine hitting your
webpage's, last visits and much more from PhpTrackIT.
PhpTrackIT uses heuristic signature recognizing for search engines and referrer spam analyse instead of processor intense, fast outdated, signature database technique¹. For robots is an even more efficient brand new technique used.
PhpTrackIT operates in three modes:
1. Public, 2. Log In, 3. Admin.
In Public mode one can define a restricted access to the statistic plugins of PhpTrackIT.
PhpTrackIT also offers a lot of personal configurations of data logging and
Uses Web Analytics Definitions and Terms, in its analysis, from Web Analytics Association.
¹) Heuristic signature recognizing gives some rare false detections but catches many new ones instead, in contrast to a signature database technique which get outdated fast and thus needs a regularly updating.
- PhpTrackIT is developed by Bosse at AutonomTech.se as an advanced web analytic software.
- PhpTrackIT is built on a modular design using plugin modules. It means that data analysing plugins can be made by third party developers and extend the presentation of the logged data.
PhpTrackIT make use of data encapsulation for easy future development of its code.
- The power of a visit analytic software is the power of its visit tracking kernel, which is what PhpTrackIT focus on and reaches a "State of the art" in, according to my judgement (2010).
- PhpTrackIT has basic common functions, a sort of an "API", for the data extraction of the data and basic presentation graphic and analysis, which also can be used by third party plugins.
- PhpTrackIT focus on the latest 30 days visits for up to date statistic data (but can display older data).
- PhpTrackIT is designed for low server load and as short delay of the web page display as possible. Keywords are: Lean, Clean, Simple, Inuitive, Smart and Proactive.
- PhpTrackIT main processing of saved data is made asynchronous for responsive webpages.
- PhpTrackIT uses a three stage buffered log architecture for high efficiency.
- PhpTrackIT saves as little redundant data as possible, for high efficiency / fast response.
- PhpTrackIT offers a function for blocking hackish style visits from accessing webpages, thus making the webpages less vulnerable for hacker attacks due to less safe written php code. This is a simple form of a Web Application Firewall, which ideally should handle all of the top 10 security vulnerabilities in the list of OWASP. More on Application Firewall at Wikipedia and more on Web Application Firewall at iMPERVA and the 6scan protection WordPress plugin.
- PhpTrackIT starts automatic a new "year archive log file" at each new year.
- PhpTrackIT shows when webpages are indexed and by which indexing robot. Unique?
- PhpTrackIT displays and abstracts data for the needs of both the web and business development people.
- PhpTrackIT analysis the behavior of the visitors, the web pages, the webserver, the Internet connection and to some extent of the web browser, which gives a broad view of the webpage use and performance.
- All the information collected by PhpTrackIT (including GeoIP locations, browsing behavior and events) is fully saved as raw data (as opposed to aggregate data), extended with some precompiled data, which means that it will always be available for future custom reports.
- The whole structure of the PhpTrackIT is based on hyperlinking via the ClickTrackIT GUI, thus making it easy to explore a wide range of statistic aspects of the visits and the use of a web site and explore more the whole time!
It´s the mindset or paradigm of the PhpTrackIT philosophy. A clear and intuitiv navigation!
(This approach also makes it very easy to develop new plugins for third party developers!)
- The ClickTrackIT GUI introduces data filtering by an intuitive hyperlinking methode, by clicks on icons or button, which interactivly step by step creates a complex data filter.
ClickTrackIT opens up for an easy to use, advanced segmentation filtering.
- PhpTrackIT logs GeoIP data as country, region and city by use of the free GeoLite City.
- Should you require greater GeoIP accuracy, offers MaxMind the commersial GeoIP City as a drop-in replacement for the free GeoLite City. Then is an automatic update also possible.
- This product includes GeoLite data created by MaxMind, available from www.maxmind.com.
- PhpTrackIT links to to Geo Locate the logged IP Address on a Map.
- PhpTrackIT saves its data in a few flat files, for easy installation and lean server load.
- PhpTrackIT uses very reliable algoritms and functions for safe storage of visit data in files.
These are influenced by transaction processing system thinking.
- PhpTrackIT don´t have the possibility to tag nor name visitors, due to its violation of privacy!
- PhpTrackIT runs on your web site server, thus having same uptime and availability as it.
- PhpTrackIT runs on your web server and thus you own your statistical data of the web site.
- PhpTrackIT is benchmarked against other visit trackers (like: GoSquared - Clicky - Woopra - Piwik - Netminers InSight - PHP Web Stat - W3Counter - Histats - Google Analytics - BBClone - eXTReMeTracking - SiteMeter - Chartbeat - Open Web Analytics (OWA), etc.)
Google on "real time web analytics"... N.B. It´s great having some different approached visit trackers, supporting various web sites and web owners´ needs!
Sebastian Wenzel, New York City, has in his Web Analytics | book collected the most of the web analytics tools on the market, as a webanalytics solutions guide / finder!
See also: WebTecker - List of Google Analytics Alternatives
- PhpTrackIT has its own personal approach of its data logging, processing and visualization.
It displays and abstracts statistic data in a different way than, e.g. Google Analytics does.
- I developed PhpTrackIT due to I couldn´t found any free visit logging software focusing good enough on trends of numerous visits and distinguishing between human and robot visits data.
- The idea of PhpTrackIT is to be a complement to Google Analytics or other state of the art web analytics software, by visualizing statistics and data in a different approach. And also by be able to track data, which only a locally hosted web analytics software is able to do.
- The PhpTrackIT has been a low speed development project for me since the start in 2005.
- For the release and version history, see VersionHistory page
- This website use the Perfect popups script provided for free by http://www.howtocreate.co.uk. Customers are not charged for use of this script. The script views pictures in full size pop-up.
Disclaimer statements... and the use of cookie... (more will come):
You acknowledge that AutonomTech.se provides PhpTrackIT software as is and you receive no warranty as to the results or fitness for purpose of this software, nor any kind of support.
You use PhpTrackIT on your own risk and can´t claim AutonomTech.se for any problem it causes nor any crashes or losses of any sort, or any interferency problem width the webpages, which the log kernal code of the PhpTrackIT is integreated in.
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages due to loss of data or any other reason.
What Are Cookies?
PhpTrackIT at Google+
Simulate as displayed on an iPhone: iPhone simulator